Consumer preferences are shifting toward healthier food options. As retailers explore how to curate a compelling private label selection for customers, it’s worthwhile to keep an eye on emerging market trends. According to 1010data, health bars are becoming popular products to buy online, especially since they are typically meal-replacements that are shelf-stable.
Online health bar sales totaled $80 million during the first seven months of 2017, a 60% increase from last year. Whey health bars generated 71% of online sales, but bars that don’t focus on whey or plant protein are growing the fastest.
1010data analyzed online purchases of health bars from January to July 2017 and found the following:
- Quest Nutrition generated a quarter of online sales in the health bar category
- Rxbar is the fastest growing brand online with sales up five times year over year
- 15% of consumers who view Isagenix bars online end up purchasing the product
- Amazon subscription accounts for 25% of all health bar sales online
- Most of the top products are chocolate flavored
Fill out the form to view 1010data's complete report.