Labor Day marks the unofficial start of autumn, and Food Lion wasted no time in delivering to its customers the official flavor of fall: pumpkin.
Late last week, the grocer stocked shelves with pumpkin-flavored private brand items, including coffee, creamers, oatmeal, yogurt, ice cream and cookies — all of which will be available while supplies last. This launch exemplifies how a grocer can leverage its private brands to connect with its customers and show them that their feedback matters. In this case, pumpkin is a customer favorite so Food Lion not only brought back last season’s popular items but added news ones to mix to keep things interesting. The launch also shows the importance of keeping up not only with trends but with what shoppers are saying — in stores and on social media channels.
The full list includes the following:
• Pumpkin ice cream
• Pumpkin spice instant oatmeal
• Pumpkin muffin bars
• Limited-edition pumpkin spice black tea bags
• Pumpkin spice cappuccino single serve
• Pumpkin spice single serve coffee
• Pumpkin spice ground coffee
• Pumpkin oatmeal crème cookies
• Pumpkin spice cream cheese spread
• Nonfat Greek pumpkin yogurt
• Pumpkin-flavored ice cream sandwiches
• Pumpkin creamer
• Pumpkin mixed nut tray
Food Lion is offering increased savings on these items via the MVP Coupon Hub at www.foodlion.com/coupons. Customers can also scan their MVP card in-store at the grocer's MVP Savings Centers located near the entrance of any Food Lion store.