IRVING, Texas — 7-Eleven is bolstering its fresh foods program with the addition of 14 locally made, chef-inspired, heat-and-eat meals.
Prepared in local kitchens and delivered daily to participating 7-Eleven stores in select markets, these on-the-go options for breakfast, lunch and dinner will be available in the refrigerated case beginning today. Customers who want or need to eat on the go can heat meals up in the store. Selections and prices may vary by store, but the full line includes the following meals:
- Chicken Parmesan: Breaded chicken filet on a bed of penne pasta, topped with California marinara and aged Parmesan cheese.
- Creamy Chicken Alfredo: Grilled white meat chicken, with creamy Alfredo sauce and Parmesan cheese served over penne pasta.
- Cheesy tortellini: Four-cheese tortellini topped with creamy Alfredo sauce and aged Parmesan cheese.
- Cheese lasagna with meat sauce: Hand-rolled pasta filled with ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, traditional Italian-style meat sauce and a blend of Italian-style cheeses.
- Spaghetti Bolognese: Spaghetti noodles topped with an authentic Italian-style seasoned meat sauce and shredded parmesan cheese.
- Macaroni and cheese: Cavatappi noodles coated in a blend of five cream cheeses and topped with cheddar cheese and seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Homestyle turkey chili: Made with ground turkey, black beans, ripe tomatoes, red bell peppers, onions and celery in an ancho chile pepper puree.
- Asian-style beef and broccoli bowl: Premium steak cuts on a bed of long grain white rice, served with broccoli, roasted red peppers and a teriyaki glaze.
- Beef enchiladas with rice: Traditional hand-rolled enchiladas, filled with slow-simmered crumbled beef, smothered in a rich pasilla guajillo pepper sauce and topped with a blend of Mexican cheeses.
- Chipotle chicken bowl: Shredded chicken seasoned with crushed tomatoes and onions, served with rice, vegetables and ranchero beans, and topped with cheddar cheese.
- Deluxe verde chicken enchiladas with rice: Hand-rolled enchiladas, stuffed with poblano pepper-seasoned shredded chicken, covered with spicy tomatillo sauce and finished with authentic queso fresco cheese.
Breakfast bowls (launching Sept. 25)
- Chipotle steak and egg bowl: Roasted potatoes topped with poblano queso sauce, scrambled eggs, chipotle-seasoned beef, fire-roasted peppers and onions and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Mile high breakfast bowl: Roasted potatoes topped with poblano queso sauce, scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage crumble, diced ham, fire-roasted peppers and onions and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Early riser scrambler bowl: Rice topped with turkey chili, scrambled eggs, shredded cheddar cheese and pico de gallo.
“With these chef-inspired entrees, 7-Eleven can provide busy individuals and families with a delicious, premium-quality, whole-meal solution in one stop,” said Kelly Buckley, 7-Eleven VP of fresh food innovation. “You can add a salad, beverage and dessert. The creamy mac and cheese is particularly kid-friendly and pairs well with chicken tenders and a cup of fresh-cut fruit. We want to take the hassle out of meal time with a variety of options and without giving up quality. There is something for everyone.”
The locally made meals add to 7-Eleven's growing prepared-food offerings, which now stand at more than 300 items. 7-Eleven’s growing menu includes grab-and-go cheeseburgers and breaded chicken sandwiches, pizza slices and whole pizzas, chicken tenders and wings. Meals can be easily customized with the addition of fresh-cut fruit, chip-and-dip combos, salads and hundreds of beverage choices. It’s how 7-Eleven differentiates its menu from other fast-food restaurants.
The suggested retail price for the new meals ranges from $3.99 to $4.99. For a limited time, coupons for a free locally made meal will be available on the 7-Eleven website and through digital advertising on Facebook, YouTube, TubeMogul, Pandora and TuneIn.